SPA UK PIA Passport Update, Improve & Renew (Refresher)
The structure of the course has now changed and will no longer follow the pattern of half a day of the Core material and half a day of the Petrol Retail material. Both aspects have now been merged together into one full day package.
The course has been designed to follow “A Safe Day In Your Life in the Petrol Industry” detailing a typical contractors working day including;
• Start of the day preparation
• Drive, Arrive, Take 5, Stay Alive
• Booking in
• Communication (two way)
• Task and site hazards
• Doing the job safely
• Environment and waste
• Completing the correct paperwork
• Task execution (group exercise)
• Completion and hand back
Also included is a new “360 Hazard Spotting” DVD which is used to assess and develop each delegates ability to spot hazards on a live forecourt.
Benefits of Participation
• Ensures all contractors/employees meet specific industry safety standards
• Renewal after 3 years reduces skill fade and ensures continual development
• Tamper-proof holocote passport
• Demonstrates contractor competence and commitment to safety to Clients
• Allows instant verification of details
• Can be used to form part of company and site induction processes
• Ensures standard bench-marking and consistency of training between contractors
Please note that since 2nd April 2012 the 3 month grace period after card expiry has been removed. Valid passports can still be renewed up to 6 months in advance where the original expiry date plus 3 years will be reflected. If passports are not refreshed within this period a two day course will need to be passed to regain the qualification.
© N E Risk 2011.